Question: I want to buy a sports water bottle (ie Waterbottlesshop) from which to drink during exercise. I wonder between aluminum or plastic bottle. Who is the best option from a health point of view? The other option is to continue to drink from a bottle of mineral water.
Answer: If you buy a plastic, look below to write the numbers 1 or 2, they are harmless.
1. PET or polyethylene tereftalat- easily recyclable and does not release harmful substances. It is used for water bottles, juices and other soft drinks.
2. HDPE or high density polyethylene is easy to recycle and does not release harmful substances. It is used for milk bottles, shampoo and other cosmetics.
3. PVC or polyvinyl chloride – not recyclable and can emit toxic phthalates. It is used for packaging of toys, detergents and sprays.
4. LDPE or polyethylene low density recyclable, does not emit harmful substances. Used for refillable bottles.
5. PP or polypropylene. Recycle and does not release harmful substances. It is used for packaging of yogurt and other foods.
6. PS or polystyrene. Hard recyclable and can release harmful substances.
7. All other plastics. Some species are not recycled yet. This group enters and polylactide or PLA, made from plant sources, which makes it much more harmless than other plastics that are made from petroleum products, but it is currently difficult recyclable. But even has potential to be used for composting.
Most appropriate to use plastics are numbered 1 and 2
Relatively appropriate: 4 and 5
Appropriate only in certain cases: 7
Never: 3 and 6
3 beer myths that may be costing you money
How to Recycle Aluminum Cans and Plastic Bottles and Earn Cash
Which Water Bottle Should I Buy?
Depth of Processing: More Bad News for BisPhenol A Cans …
Yes, You can Leave your Bottle Caps on for Recycling …
Energy to Recycle Glass Bottles vs. Aluminum Cans vs …
Recycling Manchester CT, Materials Recovery & Recycling in …
Go Green Manitowoc
Eat Live Grow Paleo : Drink plenty of pure Water
353 Cutting Edge Containers
Did You Know What Plastic Bottles Can Do To Your Body?
Why It’s Unwise to Reuse Plastic Water Bottles
Plastic – Good or bad?
Why Recycling Plastic Bottles Doesn’t Help The Problem …
Recycling that counts for cash… or giving
4 Ugly Truths About Water Bottles Manufacturers Don’t Want …
Government Proposes Plastic Bottle Deposit Return Scheme …