Whatever the reason, is it possible that, on more than one occasion, you find yourself with the need to get a used bike, low price and hopefully with the best possible quality. In this article we will review the main elements which look before you buy.
First, it is necessary to know where to look for used bikes. Today internet gives access to a series of services of purchase and sale where to look for bikes. One of the most famous is Mercadolibre (who bought deremate) and has in recent times become Needishhelp. If you like to go to browse and strolling through the city, Persian markets are a good alternative as also the neighborhood bike workshops. In these places it is possible to have the chance to meet old bicycles, which, with some knowledge and patience, it will be possible to restore. They also have the advantage that you will see the product immediately, unlike what happens when do you online.
A good quality bike is something that is not always easy to recognize when you have lots of experience. All, of one or other form, go through a process of initiation which, spiked to spend money, break parts and change bikes and spare parts, learned to recognize quality components, to recognize models and brands, metals and other design details that make a durable, loyal and efficient element of different parts of a bicycle.
Anyway, there are certain basic keys that should help rule out a good number of bikes on which we should not place or a weight.
- Simplicity: the simplest is bicycle, less chance will fail and the easier your maintenance. This means having the fewest components, specifically changes and suspension.
- You do not encandiles for marketing: words like “Aluminium”, “V-brakes”, “Suspensión”, “Shimano” are not guarantors of good quality. It avoids the bicycles with plastic components. The marks on the other hand, have a wide range of models and lines, so you can find bikes and components of brand whose quality is questionable for daily use.
- Healthy frame: look to the bicycle frame is intact, i.e. any bumps or dents (paint splashes may have, but if there are cracks or waves, forget it.) A quick and easy way that complements the visual scanning, consists of riding on the bike and pedaling without placing the hands on the steering wheel. Be all ok with the framework and direction, you should have no problem in balance you. On a bicycle with flaws, it would be almost impossible to do so.
- Corrosion-proof: note that there is no rust on the frame and other parts, such as sprocket, spokes, cranks and engine. If it exists, see that it is not deep, something that can be removed using appropriate methods.
- Functional brakes: hopefully they are in proper condition and bike brake correctly.
- Compatibility: when you’re facing an old bicycle, avoids the tires measure 27, which is now nearly extinct, so it is very difficult to find replacement parts like brakes, tires and rims.
What do you recommend to buy a used bike?
Choosing a used mountain bike
Choosing The Right Bike
Small Boy Picking Up His Bicycle Stock Image
Surly Big Dummy Review… – vikapproved
How to Choose the Right Bike
Pick up truck bike racks?
Ask The Experts: How to Choose Hybrid Bikes
Quick Tips: How to Pick Up a Dropped Adventure Motorcycle …
How to Pick a Road Bike – Bart the Bike Guy
Best balance bike 2018: Get your tot on two wheels with …
Beginner’s Guide to Picking The Perfect Bicycle
Mongoose BMX Free Style Red Boys Bike Used
How to Pick a Bicycle : Tandem Biking
Picking the Best Lightweight Hybrid Bikes
Picking the perfect Bike Lock
Choosing a Commuter Bicycle: Road Bikes vs. Hybrid and …
Felt Z90 Endurance Men’s Road Bike *Pick Up Only*
Old Raleigh Bikes
Pizza Delivery/Pick-Up Bike- Mtbr.com
VIDEO TIPS: How To Pick Up A Dropped Bike